cat (plural cats)
- (countable) A domesticated species of the feline species (Felis silvestris) commonly kept as a house pet.
- (countable) Any similar animal of the family Felidae, which includes lions, tigers, etc.
- (countable) A catfish.
- (countable) A spiteful woman.
- (countable) An enthusiast or player of jazz
- (countable) A guy, fellow
- (countable) A strong tackle used to hoist an anchor to the cathead of a ship.
- (countable) (nautical) Contraction of cat o" nine tails. No room to swing a cat.
- (countable) A sturdy merchant sailing vessel (now only in catboat)
- (archaic) A mess of coarse meal and clay, placed in dove-cotes to allure strangers.
- (archaic) A ferret.
- (archaic) The trap of the game of Trap and Ball (also called the game of Cat and Dog), or the game itself.
- (any member of Felidae): feline
- (domestic species): tame cat, housecat
- (man): bloke (British), chap (British), cove (British), dude, fellow, guy
- (spiteful woman): bitch
3 letters in word "cat": A C T.
Anagrams of cat:
Words found within cat: